Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

...Jumpstart

Student life was over..Here I am now, facing the real world. Creating a picture beyond my brush could ever paint...beyond my pen could ever write about. I am no longer what I used to be three months ago - carrying a "backpack-full" of books and folders loaded hard copies of the articles needed to be submitted in order to beat the deadline.

After graduation, "job" was my main target. Surfing the net while looking for job vacancies and being a "visitor" to job fairs in the city were just but normal to freshgrads like me. Two months have passed and I almost loose hope - just almost. But indeed, keeping my faith was of great help.

It seemed like my agony ended when I was given the chance to work for Virtual Assistant. This has given me the opportunity to jumpstart my career outside the school campus.

First task which was given to us was a 'telecom research task'... Despite the ordeals I have gone through before I was able to complete the task, I really enjoyed doing the research. Through that research task, I was able to explore other sites which seemed to be 'alien' for me (like finding out that there are such companies like Millicom and Orange which offers telecom services). I was also able to learn new computer applications which helped me do the task.

Now that I have somehow experienced doing actual tasks done by a general task virtual assistants, I am expecting harder and more complicated tasks that are soon to come and at the same time, close encounter with the clients are highly possible.

Through observation, I must say that there are a lot of possible circumstances which keep the VA's life more challeging. This may include dealing with clients who have different wavelenghts as you are, beating the deadline, and also keeping the company's (and your own) credibility as you come up with outputs which are not merely acceptable but satisfactory.

These are just but few of the insights I have as I start my career with VA. More learnings are still on their way...

0 comments: